Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cake Pops


Leftovers!!

After a party or a family gathering we face such a huge dilemma with the leftovers, half a cake, 5 or 6 uneaten cuppies. . Etc! Cannot be served again nor can’t be frozen for a long time, not forget to mention that u might have prepared it a day before.


So, let’s gets creative!


What ever cake you have will do just fine, basic yellow cake, Almond cake, lemon cake, chocolate cake. . The sky is the limit! Then pair it with your favorite kind of frosting, for example; cream cheese frosting will do great with the lemon cake, the chocolate cake and the red velvet cake while the vanilla frosting tastes so good with the basic yellow cake and the almond cake.

I’ll be using the leftovers from my previous post and a *vanilla frosting.

Cut it into small pieces and through them in the food processor to have a very fine consistency (Sandy consistency)

Dollop a couple spoons of frosting and start to mix until you end up with firm dough.

Scoop equal amount of the dough (I‘ve used a table spoon) and roll it between the palms of your hand and apply slightly pressure, just enough to shape a well rounded ball.

Stick them in the freezer for about 20 minutes; meanwhile melt the chocolate for coating. Now I will highly recommend that you use the chocolate that is made for cooking purpose, don’t use Galaxy it won’t work!

The chocolate should be in a very very thin consistency so after melting add some vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil) until you get the best consistency.


Bring out the balls from the freezer, insert lollipop sticks in the balls and dip them in the melted chocolate, tap them to get off the excess chocolate, add some sprinkles if desired or just stand it on a Styrofoam board until it gets dry.


* For the vanilla frosting:

Ok, to be frank, I literary eyeball my frosting (Clumsy :$). I just mix this and that and it all turns to be very good .So I don’t have a precise recipe so I found you a nice recipe from Cooks.com

  • · 1 package powdered sugar (16 ounces)

  • · 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)

  • · 3 tablespoons milk

  • · 2 teaspoons vanilla

Beat sugar, butter, milk and vanilla with electric mixer at low speed until well blended and smooth. If frosting becomes too thick, beat in additional milk by teaspoonfuls until the frosting is of spreading consistency.


:



I *Heart* the feeling when I bite one of those and indulge my senses with the crunchy chocolate coat and find out the soft spongy yet creamy center waiting for me in the inside . . . Heaven


Dana,

No comments:

Post a Comment